Data Protection Services
We work with SME businesses to provide practical support in complying with the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We offer
- GDPR Audit and Implementation Plan
- GDPR policy suite (incl. Data Protection Policy and Privacy Notice(s))
- Data Mapping (incl. customers, staff, suppliers etc)
Our focus is the people within your organisation, ensuring they all understand their responsibilities towards personal and sensitive data. We will work with you to identify what personal data you process, determine where it is stored and how long you should retain the data. This will form part of an Information Asset Register. We can write or review Data Protection policies and procedures to ensure that they adhere to current legislation and best practice.
Data Protection Training
We will work with you to develop and deliver an appropriate training programme to ensure data protection is taken seriously by all staff within the organisation and no longer viewed as a ‘tick-box’ exercise. We can offer
- Basic Data Protection for Staff
- Practical Data Breach and Subject Access Request Training
- e-Learning ‘GDPR for Business’ course
We also deliver GDPR and Data Protection training to behalf of the Oxfordshire Community and Voluntary Action (OCVA) and Reading Voluntary Action (RVA).
Data Protection as a Service
Whether you’re a small business needing low level input or a large organisation with its own Data Protection Officer, with four different types of package to choose from, you can be sure of having the right level of support to suit not just your needs, but your budget too. The options are:
- Basic Package: Designed for individually-run and small businesses up to 5 people, this is suitable for those who are either on top of their GDPR responsibilities or have low level involvement and need occasional support to match.
- Standard Package: Designed for SMEs and organisations needing to carry out annual audits, this offers more in-depth, personalised support.
- Premium Package: Designed for corporations and big business, this takes data protection support to a whole new level and gives you everything you need to handle whatever comes your way!
- Emergency/Ad-hoc Support: Some things can’t be planned for, so this option lets you get the help you need when you need it. Pricing depends on the level of support required and is determined at the time of enquiry.
User Engagement & Data Landscape Review
We work with organisations to make their data work better for them, particularly if there is an over-reliance on Excel Spreadsheets or multiple systems which don’t link easily. We assess your data needs and work with you to make better use of existing systems to improve data quality; we can also, if necessary, work with you to identify appropriate technical solutions that meet your data collection needs. We can
- Facilitate workshops to understand data needs
- Identify key messages
- Map Data
- Conduct Stakeholder analysis, identifying priority needs across stakeholder groups
We highlight areas of good practice and make recommendations for improvement, then working with you to implement these according to your priorities. As we’re ‘system agnostic’, we won’t be swayed by bells and whistles, but rather ensure you have a system that meets your organisational needs and will be adopted by your staff.
CONSULTANCY SERVICES / BESPOKE PROJECTS
Our expertise in NHS healthcare data collection is valuable both to those working within or seeking to work with the healthcare sector in the UK. This experience can also be transferred to other sectors with multiple stakeholders, looking to improve the quality of the data they have access to.
Our skills at understanding stakeholder interests and needs are useful on technical projects, as we can act as the bridge between development teams with a great idea and the people who will be using the realised version of that idea.